Re: $295 tensioner

To: jimmy@differentials.com
Subject: Re: $295 tensioner
From: BARTERDUDE@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 19:28:28 EDT
Hey Kids - anything for ORIGINALITY?  Guess you have to be a purist to
appreciate sticking with the real thing.  Talk to any collector and even a
non-stock clamp is a points off no-no.

If you're purely looking for a go fast, try something else and leave those of
us who want the REAL THING, as the real thing.  If it had already been
non-stock, then hey, anything goes.  With only around 20,000 in the 2L model
made and many less left, lets not get too carried away for the sake of a few
bucks.  I know it's expensive, but hey, I just rebuilt the original G motor
in my 1500 and it twern't cheap either (and hard to find parts too).

Gary Lasater
Founding Member www.WYCROC.org
1963 SPL31000289B 1500 Single Carb Fairlady
1969 2000 - SRL311-12536
1970 1600 - SPL311-28169 (one of the last of the group)
Parker CO 8134