Re: overheating/ troubleshooting

To: aaron atkins <amatkins@qnet.com>
Subject: Re: overheating/ troubleshooting
From: <roger.loop@euronet.nl>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 23:54:08 +00200 (MET DST)
Hi there,
You did not mention the level of the cooling fluid: is it constant or clearly
less after it overheated?
That was my problem: it overheated, I did all the checks, no anwers, all I knew
was that it lost cooling fluid. I learned to live with it and always carried a
gallon cooling fluid with me, but just recently I found out it was a leaking
head gasket. It now has a new gasket and it looks like everything is OK.
It still is a mystery to me: no water in the oil, no white smoke from the
exhaust, but still a leaking headgasket.
Good luck,
Roger
from Holland
68 1600