Cooling

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cooling
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 09:30:05 -0400
I had my 2L rad recored in preparation for my stroker project and I want to
know if a 12" Flex-a-lite electric fan is powerful enough to keep the engine
happy.

I used to use the stock 4 bladed fan from my 66 but found it was a POS when
it came to cooling so I replaced it with an electric fan. My car seemed to
run OK especially at idle when it was hot outside and no vapor lock.

However now that I stroked/bored the engine do you think the cooling system
will be taxed even more? I had it recored with a core that has many more
fins per inch than my old radiator but both are the same number of rows.

I also have a stock 7 plastic bladed fan that I can use or I can buy a
Flex-a-lite fan.

What would you guys recommend?

Mike