Re: Re[2]: dimmer control

To: slick1@mohaveaz.com
Subject: Re: Re[2]: dimmer control
From: "John McCarthy" <bmccarthy67@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 19:45:16 -0000
Sounds like the WD-40 lifted the corrosion from the chain and now the sludge
is fouling inside the plastic sleeve. For almost all electrical contacts and
most metal to pastic contacts try..electrical contact cleaner..no endorsment
here..but State ELC-ps works great..it cleans and dissolves most deposits
and since it has an Ethanol base it evaporates almost instantly and leaves
no residue..(never use on any 'charged' circuit)..this stuff will clean your
light switch as well as almost every contact on your roadster. In the past I
used trichlorotriflouroethane, but it is very bad for the
environment...ELC-ps contains no CFC's..but watch it around the kids..it's
VERY flammable..they make a non flammable cleaner ELC-NF..but it's really
pricey...good luck...John