Re: dimmer control

To: snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>
Subject: Re: dimmer control
From: The Dread Pirate Roberts <svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 10:03:17 -0700
The "WD" in "WD-40" stands for "water displacement" - it does not contain
water, it is
intended displace water from components. According to their web site, it:

         "CLEANS: WD-40 gets under dirt, grime and grease to clean. It also
           dissolves adhesives, allowing easy removal of labels, tape, stickers,
           and excess bonding material.

           DISPLACES MOISTURE: Because WD-40 displaces moisture, it
           quickly dries out electrical systems to eliminate moisture-induced
           short circuits.

           PENETRATES: WD-40 loosens rust-to-metal bonds and frees stuck,
           frozen or rusted metal parts.

           LUBRICATES: WD-40's lubricating ingredients are widely dispersed
           and hold firmly to all moving parts.

           PROTECTS: WD-40 protects metal surfaces with corrosion-resistant
           ingredients to shield against moisture and other corrosive
           elements. "

 ...though it is know to dry to a sticky film over time, so I would recommend
wiping and
relubricating any components that have been cleaned with WD-40.

Gary McCormick
San Jose, CA