Re: Re[2]: dimmer control

To: <Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us>, "roadster" <roadster@rcn.com>,
Subject: Re: Re[2]: dimmer control
From: "Patrick P. Castronovo" <slick1@mohaveaz.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 11:25:43 -0700
Ok, since you asked.  I had a light pull switch that used a chain to
activate the switch.  It was encased in plastic so you could see the chain
inside the plastic.  It had become a bit hard to pull the chain to activate
the switch, so i thought W-D 40 would help.  So I sprayed the switch with
it, and after a few days i noticed it was becoming hard to pull again.  Upon
inspecting the switch, I had seen the chain had become rusty and could only
suspect that the W-D 40 had caused that to happen.  Was I wrong?  Pat