Re: dimmer control

To: "Patrick P. Castronovo" <slick1@mohaveaz.com>,
Subject: Re: dimmer control
From: "roadster" <roadster@rcn.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 22:32:54 -0700
Uh, I don't know where you come up with your answers, but WD-40 does NOT
have any water in it.

WD-40's composition, from the Material Safety Data Sheet [MSDS] (Oct 93):

50%   Stoddard solvent (mineral spirits) [8052-41-3]
25%   Liquified petroleum gas (a propellant?)
[68476-85-7]
15+%  Mineral Oil (light lubricating oil) [64742-65-0]
10-%   Inert ingredients

Square brackets '[]' contain CAS numbers for ingredients, as  listed in the
MSDS.

WD-40 is a solvent with some light oil. No Water. It might gum up some works
after a period of time, but it will not rust metal due to it's composition.
It's possible that metal treated with WD-40 might react with condensation
after the WD-40 is removed (either by the user or by natural processes).

Fred - So.SF