re-visiting the pricing issue

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: re-visiting the pricing issue
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 10:28:11 -0800
Hello All,

It seems as though there are a lot of cars for sale again. The weather is
warming up and people are looking to sell their cars. I have seen quite a
few for sale. Some exceptional, some good, some OK, and some crappy. The car
in Georgia got some bad press, but I wanted to get some input from the list
about that 66 on eBay.

I will be the first to say  that this car does look exceptional. I wonder if
any BADROC peeps would mind looking at or know this car. It is a very pretty
car that looks to be rust free. The ad does not mention a frame off, just
that the car is rust free and has never been in an accident.

Still, the asking price seems high to me. When I was up to pick up my 1964
1500 from Leigh Brooks, Michael Carion told me that eventually he might sell
his 67 2000 car. I am not going to say what price he mentioned, but after
looking at this 66 and taking into consideration what Michael had said he
would hope to get for his car one has to wonder what people are thinking
when they ask for prices on their cars. Michael's asking price seemed very
reasonable to me. No, I don't think he wants to sell right now and I
apologize to Michael in advance.

I am much more surpised that the 67.5 1600 in St. Paul has received no bids.
It looks clean and seems more reasonably priced. It also appears the 212
didn't sell and it had gone up to 8,000.00.

I know we want as much as we can get for the cars. Again I say that if you
are looking to make a profit with these cars then you are kidding yourself.
These cars are interests and hobbies. We love them and enjoy them but we
will not make money by owning them.

Just my .02

Andrew Murphy
1964 1500