New to the list

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: New to the list
From: "Brian Hollands" <bholland@hayes.ds.adp.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 11:26:36 -0500
Just a hello from a new to the list guy.
Ive owned my 69 2000 for 17 years or so now and am currently rebuilding the
engine and steering.  The project has been slow going but now that Ive done
my taxes and dont own for the first time ever Im ready to get the car on
the road.  When finished, it will be a (hopefully) slightly hotter than
stock solex car.  Im in Riverview FL just south of Tampa where it is
definitely top down weather.  I would like to hear from anyone else in the
west central FL area that has a roadster.  Are their any roadster clubs in
FL.  Ive seen SEROC mentioned on the web but have never found a good link
to the site.  Also, after 17 years with SU carbs, Im a bit of an expert on
those but have never played with the Solexs before.  I would be interested
in hearing what folks running the solexs are using for jetting, venturies,
etc.  Mine are untouched Nissan comp and have 34mm venturies.  I forget the
main, air, and jet block number off hand but can look them up.  Ive been
told that they should run right out of the box but of course they will need
some tuning.  My understanding is that the 67.5 cars used the 37mm venturies
with 165-170 mains, 250 main air, and OA jet block tubes.  If you know
what youre running let me know along with how modified your engine / cam
is.
Thanks,
Brian

Brian Hollands