Re[2]: re-visiting the pricing issue

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, "datsunmike"
Subject: Re[2]: re-visiting the pricing issue
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 16:47:39 -0800
I wonder if most of those buyers who are looking for roadsters are Datsun
enthusiasts. In other words, they have (or had) a Z or 510. They got
involved in Datsun shows and memorabilia, and started longing for a
roadster. What with the larger numbers of Z's and 510's produced, that
ought to keep enough interest going in roadsters for quite a while. Some of
those guys have pumped thousands into their Z's/510's with smaller returns
than what we get. I can't see them shelling out big bucks for roadsters,
because they want the fun of fixing them up, themselves.

What was educational for me, was our BADROC club displaying our roadsters
at local old car shows. No matter what people had on display, they had a
passion for their cars and generally had paid a lot to fix them up, far
beyond what they could ever hope to recoup. Even though we were among
Hudsons, Volvos, Vettes, you name it, we could see the sense of pride
everyone had in displaying their efforts. Our cars are easy sells compared
to some, like the vintage fire trucks we saw - our cars are probably more
"invigorating" on twisty canyon roads!

Fred