Re: POR 15

To: Arthur <maybee@zebra.net>
Subject: Re: POR 15
From: Pamela Pepoy <gppepoy@cybertrails.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 15:21:49 -0800
Arthur,
to the best of my knowledge...it stops the rust period.  It chemically bonds
with the iron oxide.  It needs rust in order to work.  If you paint is on bright
shiny metal you have to use a caustic agent on it for about 15 minutes to
provide a "tooth" for the paint to bond to.  Now, fiberglass also provides some
structual support.  The POR paaint will not do that.  They do have some potent
body filler type compound.  I purchased some but haven't used it yet.
Guy