Re: POR 15

To: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: POR 15
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 10:48:06 -0800
POR15. Good stuff. http://www.por15.com

As a side comment:
> It can't stand UV exposure so it can't be applied where direct sunlight will
>hit it.

UV exposure causes it to change color, but according to the company this
does not affect its other properties. I painted my roll bar black; it used to be
very shiny but now it's got a dark grey mottling. Only paint failure is where
I've
scraped it off by dragging the hardtop across it.

They make a few 'colors' - black, silver, and chassis black (which isn't quite
as shiny). I agree with buying the 6-packs - it's expensive per ounce that way,
but once you open a jar it'll harden up on you pretty quickly. After opening,
store them upside down to buy a little more shelf life.

It is impervious to gasoline, too. I've had some in contact with gasoline for
three continuous years - no failure.

DO NOT BREATHE THE FUMES. This stuff reacts with moisture. You do
NOT want it in your lungs!

 -- John