Re: more magic potions

To: rday@cyberramp.net
Subject: Re: more magic potions
From: BERKEN@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 09:50:14 EST
The naval jelly type products (also rust converters like Rust-Mort) work well
on surfaces you plan to paint, but I don't think you would want to use it on
plated parts.  I think about the only thing you could do on bumpers,etc. would
be to use a chrome polish or 0000 steel wool to polish it, then put a good
coat of wax on it, to retard the reforming of rust.

Another product that works well is POR-15, which is a rust converter and paint
combined, so it's a one step process (if it's the color you want it to be).

Joseph Berkenbile
70 1600
Albuquerque