Re: fuel gauge

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: fuel gauge
From: Todd Osborn <trosborn@california.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 21:58:09 -0800
Gary,
Sounds like a bias error (some const. resistance offset). I would check
all the electrical connections first. If that doesn't work then, instead
of trying to figure out what resistor to install, pull the tank sending
unit and bend the metal tanges (tabs) that limit the travel in the empty
and full positions. I did this to calibrate my gas gauge about 20 years
ago and it still works great.
Todd Osborn
68 2.0L San Jose, CA