Re: fuel gauge

To: "Gary Gerding" <ggerding@tconl.com>,
Subject: Re: fuel gauge
From: Ronnie Day <rday@cyberramp.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 10:35:07 -0600
>My fuel gauge only reads 3/4 full when it is completely full of gas.
>It also goes below the "E" when empty.  Is there an easy way to
>adjust the reading?  I know the voltage regulator that's attached
>under the steering column is part of that electrical circuit, but I
>don't know if I should change it since it would impact the water
>temperature gauge as well.
>
>Gary Gerding

I'm not sure if the reading on the fuel gauge is solely based on
resistance (I think it is) or if voltage level effects it, too. Tom, HELP!

If it is purely resistive as I think, you need to know the specified
values for full and empty and compare those with measured values from
your sending unit. You might need as replacement (measure it before
taking it home. "New" can still be incorrect.) or you might be able to
add some resistance in series or parallel to adjust the values of your
unit.

HTH, Ron

Ronnie Day
rday@cyberramp.net
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared class autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)