RE: datsun sp310

To: "Datsun Roadster" <datsun65@hotmail.com>, chubbard@shl.com,
Subject: RE: datsun sp310
From: Joseph Roach <jroach@qualcomm.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 16:18:01 -0800
At 01:25 PM 2/9/99 -0800, Datsun Roadster wrote:
>The 64 1500 & the 65 1500 have Different Temperature Gauges. The 65 has
>a gauge similar to the early 1600's, but it is set-up for positive
>ground. Thus, you can't use the early spl311 gauge in the 65 spl310 car
>(unless you convert it to a negative ground electrical system)
>
>I believe that Joe Roach (who owns a MINT 1965 SPL310) has also had the
>similar probblems in the past with an inaccurate temp gauge.

That's true. I have a 3-core radiator and in cooler weather the gauge reads
about 210, higher at other times. I have had a few occassions where the run
off hose (65 doesn't have an overflow reservoir) has spewed steam to make
me think that maybe the gauge might not be that far off.

Joseph Roach
65 1500
San Diego, CA