RE: datsun sp310

To: chubbard@shl.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net,
Subject: RE: datsun sp310
From: "Datsun Roadster" <datsun65@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 13:25:39 PST
The 64 1500 & the 65 1500 have Different Temperature Gauges. The 65 has
a gauge similar to the early 1600's, but it is set-up for positive
ground. Thus, you can't use the early spl311 gauge in the 65 spl310 car
(unless you convert it to a negative ground electrical system)

I believe that Joe Roach (who owns a MINT 1965 SPL310) has also had the
similar probblems in the past with an inaccurate temp gauge.

My 65 Temp gauge didn't work correctly, and I could never trust the
readings. I recently installed a manual Autometer gauge in my dash, to
replace the stock gauge. Someday I may have my gauge reconstructed, but
for now the Autometer gauge is accurate.

Dan Zubkoff
1965 SPL310
1966 SPL311