Re: Roadster racer?

To: bwessel@itis.com
Subject: Re: Roadster racer?
From: CarterCM@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 13:43:24 EST
In a message dated 2/6/1999 1:35:04 AM Pacific Standard Time, bwessel@itis.com
writes:

<<Craig,
Would I be interested in a roadster site/web devoted to racing?....you bet!
I remember writing and suggesting such a thing to Gordon maybe a year ago.>>

<<There are really some excellent folks on this web, Gordon G., Stan C., Tom
W., Jim T., Mike K., Ross M., Les C., and lots of other
roadracers/autocrossers Rob R., Pete D., Mike U., Dan & Susan, JH Bahn, and
the aussies Howard F and David S. and I'm sure there are others.>>

Bill,

Right, this list has some great people.  I agree, the Roadster List is the
easiest/best way to communicate day-to-day. I was thinking of a Roadster site
as permanent resource specifically for Roadster racing info.

We could try to get everyone to write up something about: 1) What type of
racing they are doing; in what classes; in what location.  2) what
year/model/engine roadster.  3) what modifications [including part #s and
sources ;-) ] to body/frame; engine/suspension; wheels/tires;
electrical/guages, etc., etc. (we could have a check list).  4) Cost factors.
5) A bio and contact/e-mail info for each person.

I know it may take some individual prying to get this done but the
documentation could be posted on my (or any) website. Then, people who are
interested in racing a roadster (or just building one up) would have a place
to start. Then the discussions could fly from there.

Seems like a good way to promote general interest in roadsters (e.g. we could
link to some of the other "vintage" sites). From what I hear, one of the
biggest drawbacks to getting involved in a marque is lack of support or
advice.

I'll copy this to the list and maybe we can get something going.

Regards,

Craig Carter
Fountain Valley, CA
'70 SRL311 #14100