Re: Roadster racer?

To: snyler@ix.netcom.com, CarterCM@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Roadster racer?
From: Jsk977@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 18:02:50 EST
On the east coast Bob Sharp was very successful with both a CP Solex and a DP
SU car.  He won several national championships.  He also compainged a FP 1600,
a BS 510 and later a CP 240Z. As a matter of fact, Paul Newman got his start
in one of Bob's 510's. His main competition was Bob Tulius in his group 44
TR 5/6's(2.5L six). I ran a CP 67.5 Solex in local club races(Bridgehampton,
Lime Rock, etc) and while nobody had highly prepared cars, I did quite well
against my competitors in Lotus Elans, XKE's and the original 911's. My
crowning achievment was besting a BP Corvette (327) in my first novice
race.(of course he was a novice too)

Jerry Krakauer