Re: Roadster racer?

To: <CarterCM@aol.com>, "Roadster list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Roadster racer?
From: snyler <snyler@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 99 16:23:33 -0600
>In a message dated 2/2/1999 12:43:33 AM Pacific Standard Time,
>toby@wolfenet.com writes:
>
><< The roadster's a limited production car, and too narrow and heavy to be
> competitive in vintage classes (without a lot of work- several teams win
> with their roadsters, I've heard) so there aren't a lot of people tuning
> them aggressively.  >>
>
>Hello all,
>I know there are quite a few (ex & active) Roadster racers out there. It
>would
>be interesting & informative to hear anyone's comments or experiences with
>respect to Toby's statement above. New thread anyone?
>
>Craig Carter
>Fountain Valley, CA
>'70 SRL311 #14100

Gee.. it does seem that I recall hearing  about some limited sucess in
racing roadsters. Bob Sharp and Peter brock come immediately to mind.  I
also recall stories (perhaps apochryphal) of roadsters giving Mustangs
and Corvettes a run for their money in vintage racing.

Marc Tyler
1970 1600
Boerne TX (Actually Sisterdale TX)