stereotypes

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: stereotypes
From: JVoelcker@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 1994 08:21:11 -0400
Living in NYC (puts me off the avg. right there) . . . with 3 LBCs: a 1960
Morris Minor 1000 Traveller that my family brought with us from the U.K. when
we returned in 1964 (me having arrived in 1959 meanwhile) . . . and 2 1959
Riley One-Point-Fives (the Morris Minor-floorpanned, MGA-motored "BMC tinbox"
with upright grille and full complements of leather and wood, originally
developed as a Minor replacement but instead made into Riley and Wolseley
versions (except for BMC Australia, which got Morris Major and Austin Lancer
versions of same and subsequently did some quite remarkable late-Fifties
styling updates on 'em).

The Morris lives in a barn near Saugerties, NY, where we (that's me and Bill,
my "husband"/spouse/significant other/domestic partner) have a weekend place
. . . and the 2 Rileys are in storage in San Francisco, where I lived a
decade ago. Yeah, the same Saugerties where Woodstock 25 took place. No, we
rented the place for the weekend.

Ethnic background: Irish and German, although German relatives heavily
outnumbered by Irish ones. I'm told I look Irish, and I used to get mistaken
for a NYC cop when younger, so I believe it.

I can just barely touch my toes, but then, I've got long arms and I don't try
to keep my legs straight.

John Voelcker