Re: Subject: Re: shop manuals

To: Rocky Entriken <rocky@tri.net>
Subject: Re: Subject: Re: shop manuals
From: John Lieberman <jlieberman@sport.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 18:41:22 -0600
Thanks for the clarification, Rocky.  At least I was about 90-percent
correct!!  8<{)  I should have known that, if anybody had the straight
skinny on that protest, it would have been you.  I just know that we ALL
spent an unconscionable amount of time in impound that day because of
that protest and I had a lot of heads gazing under the bonnet of my Mini.

I've thought several times about making that same 11-stud conversion on
my car.  I'm glad, now, that I didn't.  But I've also learned through
trial and error over the years that, IF the head and block are decked
true to each other, a Metro Turbo head gasket provides an even better
(and stronger) seal than the so-called copper racing gasket on a
high-compression (13:1) 1275.  So you really don't need the extra stud
and bolt if you've got a quality machine shop.

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman