Re: Subject: Re: shop manuals

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Subject: Re: shop manuals
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 21:48:42 EST
In a message dated 3/4/04 6:02:16 PM Pacific Standard Time, rocky@tri.net
writes:

> If you
> want to tear down my engine this year it will cost you more than if you
> wanted to tear down my old motor -- because the newer motor is the product

How do you figure this?  If the flat rate to r&r a Spitfire cylinder head is
4 hours, and a fair shop rate is set at, let's say $75.00/hr, the labor
portion of the teardown bond is $300.00.  Why would it be different because
your
engine builder charges more?  Typical San Francisco hourly rate is
$125-150/hour,
but I don't expect to get that to take my car apart in Topeka...

Charlie