Re: Subject: Re: shop manuals

To: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>,
Subject: Re: Subject: Re: shop manuals
From: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 12:45:22 -0500
At 11:39 AM 3/4/2004 -0500, Mark Andy wrote:

>I think that's a red herring argument overall.

Mark,

I'm not arguing. I'm raising issues for consideration so that those of you
who are proposing solutions (I assume that you are constructively looking
for solutions to the problem) consider and address all the potential
issues. You may note that I also mentioned that Factory manuals may not
even have the most important information.

>When's the last time you bought a used car for stock class autox and took
>off the head to check that the motor hadn't been bored more than the first
>overbore?  I'll tell you flat out that I didn't.  For all I know, its
>.060" over (though I tend to doubt it... :-)

1981 when I bought my Lotus Europa (my last used Stock class car). Of
course the real reason I took the engine apart is because it was so worn
out that it needed a complete rebuild when I bought it and that was the
"plan". :-)

About the same story in 1991 with my used CMod FF :-)

Dick Rasmussen
CM 85
85 Van Diemen FF