RE: Proposal for SP cars to compete in P ???

To: <SOLOMIATA@aol.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Proposal for SP cars to compete in P ???
From: "Eric Salem" <eric@mail.brown911.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 21:39:17 -0500
<<
I would like to know too.  As someone who recently made the transition
from
CSP to DP I think I have an interest.  I can only assume that HQ is
planning
to make STR the new SP class and is giving all current SP players a
home.

I'm with Randy on this. Brown Car and I went from ASP to FP because I
couldn't afford the OEM 911 engine parts. Why spend more money for a
slower motor?

Plus, why would any sane committee create a class for stock motors with
$8k suspensions? SP was probably a good idea in it's day. That was many,
many days ago.

In my youth the European car guys comment to 'vette drivers was, "yah
you're faster in a straight line, but wait till there's a corner." We
all know those days are over. Detroit figured out how to make cars turn
and brake and everybody else figured out how to make power. The SP
formula doesn't work in this era.

We as a club need to reach out to the next generation of car nuts, they
don't just change suspensions, they change motors or cams or intake
manifolds, body kits, whatever. Is it really fair to ask the kid who
dropped an Acura 'R' motor into his othersise stock civic to run with
the D Mod cars? He's not going to Nats, he just wants to play on Sunday
afternoon. As our region's treasurer I like that revenue. Maybe other
regions can afford to turn money away, but that's not the case in
Nebraska.

Done ranting,
#72 FP (that drove to Topeka)