Proposal for SP cars to compete in P ???

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Proposal for SP cars to compete in P ???
From: "M. Soar" <msoar@home.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 17:02:59 -0700
Two extremely cryptic sentences appear in the on-line version of the
November FasTrack:

"The PAC is considering a proposal to accommodate Street Prepared cars
(which are not subject to the wheel size and induction limitations of most
Prepared classes) within the existing Prepared category. Such cars would be
required to use DOT-approved tires and would be subject to weight penalties."

Huh? What on earth are we talking about here? If it's being mentioned to
generate member comments, someone will actually have to explain it a bit
better than this.  Anyone know anything?

Mo Soar
Oregon Region SCCA Solo2 D Prepared X1/9
2001 Nationals: CS 90 - do I still count as a rookie if this was my first year?