RE: STS Tire Rules

To: "'Mark J. Andy'" <marka@telerama.com>,
Subject: RE: STS Tire Rules
From: "Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 09:14:29 -0500
Do you honestly think that Hoosier DOT race tires fully meet the DOT
requirements?  Why do you think that Hoosier will only advertise/sell them
to racers?  If I were wanting to get a lawsuit that I should be able to
win easily, I'd toss a set of Hoosier R tires onto my street car, drive it
for 1k miles, then go drive around in a rainstorm.  After the crash, I'd
sue.
==========================
Just as a small data point, Hennessy is equipping and delivering their top
of the line killer Vipers with Hoosier R3S03 tires on all 4 corners.  And
they're not even close to offering enough grip for that level of hosspower.
=8^O

Eric Linnhoff in KC
1998 Dodge Neon R/T
#69 STS    #13 TLS
eric10mm@qni.com

"If someone offers you a breath mint, accept it."
H. Jackson Brown, Jr. - Life's Little Treasure Book, on wisdom