Re: STS Tire Rules

To: "Loren Williams" <Loren@kscable.com>, "autox list" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: STS Tire Rules
From: "Roger Johnson" <rjohnson@friendlynet.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 22:54:03 -0400
As Dennis Grant might clearly tell you Loren, I have NO
negativism about any class - unless the participation numbers
show it to be unworthy of inclusion as a National class.

Some of my best friends run SM.  I have run it myself.  I would
NOT, however, welcome an SM driver as a son-in-law.

This entire discussion began with a hue & cry to have STS as
a full National class.  I do have strong reservations about this
ONLY from the standpoint of the inherent, unworkable, unenforceable
"140" treadwear rule.

You may dismiss these concerns all you wish - you may wish to not
discuss them on the eGroups STS list -  however someone will
have to resolve these issues in the Protest Shed at the Nationals.  Frankly,
I clearly prefer what those of us on the PC had this year on ThFr - NO
protests - to what will assuredly happen should STS gain National
status with the existing tire rule.  That is the level of my 'volunteering',
Loren.

R2