Re: Last posting to team.net for Evolution

To: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com, Jkinser77@aol.com
Subject: Re: Last posting to team.net for Evolution
From: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 16:32:48 -0400
dg50@daimlerchrysler.com wrote:
> And the nugget that came out of the last exchange is that while your
> posts about the school's activities are on-topic and useful, we don't
> have to be SOLD so damn much.

Jean,

Dennis hit the nail on the head here.  As one of the longest-standing
members of Team.Net, let me say this:

Notify, don't advertise.  And don't notify about the
same thing more than once.

If someone responds saying "What's an Evolution school?" then reply
directly.  They'll get more than enough public replies on Team.Net
from satisfied customers.

For example:

        Evolution Performance Driving School would like to
        announce these new additions to our calendar:

        Tucson          January 27-28
        Philadelphia    April 28-29

        For more information on the schools offered and other dates
        and locations, see our web site at
        http://www.autocross.com/mckameyschool/

That would be more than enough.  It tells us what's new, and tells
us where to go looking for more.  Let the web site do the selling.

The same goes for other vendors, like Glenn and Pat.  If you've got
specials or new products that haven't been previously announced, go
ahead and tell us about them -- but let your web site do the selling.
Feel free to include a one-liner and your URL in your signature, too.

Just MHO, of course.  But I think this is the best way to reach a
large audience and avoid pissing people off.

Mark