Re: 3rd gear/Miata/NEDivs

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 3rd gear/Miata/NEDivs
From: "Dave Whitworth" <dave@wcsllc.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 15:16:49 -0500
Correct me if I am wrong, but as someone who is 200-400hp down on my
competitors, I would rather see a somewhat constant speed course no matter
how high that speed may be.  The course at the Peru Tour was just this.

A course that has tight 180's with areas that allow acceleration after them
are much more advantageous to HP cars.  If you want to slow down the CP
dinosaurs, use narrow gates and 45' slaloms :)

As to fairness, aren't we all in classes with somewhat similar cars?  Neon's
aren't competing against Corvettes!

Just some thoughts, and I know the classing system is flawed and we have
beat that subject to death!

Dave