Re: 3rd gear/Miata/NEDivs

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 3rd gear/Miata/NEDivs
From: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 08:56:55 -0400
rjohnson@friendlynet.com wrote:

> Uhhhh - I had a radar gun, but I believe that Alan Sheidler was
> operating it during the S/S competition at the Peru Tour.

I had it during ESP, BS, EM, and AM(L?) on the first day. The MarcusMobile
was doing 68, the McKamey V8 sprite-thingy was in the low 70's, and the AM
car was like 82-83 or so.

The Miatae were well off that.

My datalogger (wheel speed sensor, so no accelerometer error *mutter*)
reported a rev-limited 68 in the finish on Day 2. Had I shifted (or had
another 300 RPM on the limiter) I might have seen a low 70.

> Speed creep at events led to the current wording in the rulebook.
> Is it happening again?

Those speeds don't strike me as being all that fast.... What does the
rulebook say?

DG