RE: Solo II wheel rules help

To: "matthew c. mead" <mmead-autox@goof.com>,
Subject: RE: Solo II wheel rules help
From: "Jeff Lloyd" <Jeff@cyberconceptz.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 16:16:04 -0400
It is a general consensus that if the particular option package you have
could have come with 2 different sized wheels then you can run either on
that car
But like many cars the larger wheels are usually part of a performance or
appearance package and you must have EVERYTHING in that package

For example the M edition M1 miata came with optional 15" BBS wheels but
unless you have the entire M-edition package you cannot run the larger
wheels on an M1

And the same goes for the reverse; a 99-00-sport package or 10 AE cannot run
14" wheels since the 15" were standard

I had the same question BMW doesn't use packages for options so you can pick
and choose what options you want, except some options cancel others (power
windows cancel roll up models, etc) now the Z3 in all the manuals I read has
specs for 15x7" wheels, but I have never seen any in all my years, it was a
option in '96 but I don't think anyone in their right mind would remove the
standard 16" wheels and opt for the 15" with no price break...

So I felt this was treading on thin legality Ice so I just bought the 16x7's
for my race wheels, now I wish I had not since I could run a smaller tire
and get more aggressive gearing..

Jeff Lloyd