Re: 3rd gear/Miata/NEDivs

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 3rd gear/Miata/NEDivs
From: rjohnson@friendlynet.com
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 12:37:36 -0500
Uhhhh - I had a radar gun, but I believe that Alan Sheidler was
operating it during the S/S competition at the Peru Tour.

I don't recall that I was over 70, altho' Dvorak was I think.

Perhaps Alan might recall?

  In any case, the Peru event was enough in excess of Rules
1.3 and 2.1.A to be a concern.  It sounds like other events are
also?  (But we must discount competitor reports of calculated or
observed
speeds, as they are often exaggerated.  An F/M driver at the
BFG Event in Oscoda last year reported 100+ mph at the finish line.
Radar gun had him at 63. . . . . . .)

  Speed creep at events led to the current wording in the rulebook.
Is it happening again?

  Roger Johnson (Ohio)