Re: 3rd gear/Miata/NEDivs

To: rjohnson@friendlynet.com
Subject: Re: 3rd gear/Miata/NEDivs
From: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 14:10:12 -0400
rjohnson@friendlynet.com wrote:
>   This is all fine, but the Book refers to speeds in Stock & SP
> specifically.

Right, but you can extrapolate a bit.  The most powerful Stock cars
might be going as fast as we are, certainly not much faster.

>   I am not sure what you mean by "fairness"?

Courses like the Devens NT and the NEDIV Divisionals aren't really
fair, because the classing is designed around a certain type of
course.  Extremely high-speed courses, especially one where the right
foot stays on the floor for extended periods of time, favor the
more powerful cars in each class.

Mark