Re: Asking for ideas...

To: RacerRay52@aol.com
Subject: Re: Asking for ideas...
From: Doug Miller <drmiller@cyberhighway.net>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 23:53:15 -0600
PSSSSTT!!!!!!!

SCCA doesn't need any new members, especially the kind that you
sound like you are - a recreationalist that devotes some time
to other interests besides autocross.

Unless of course you are under the age of 22 and can't afford to
buy your own membership??????

> ...in the hope that there are a few out there who are willing to offer a
bit
>of thought to a question that has nothing to do with the big-event SCCA
level
>of autox. This list isn't exclusively for discussion of that level of the
>sport, is it?
>      As I've mentioned, I don't wish to purchase special purpose, autox
only
>tires. We have had a street tire class locally for a few years now. All
Stock
>and SP cars lumped into one class and the PAX index used to determine the
>order of finish.

Hopefully none of the past, present, or future board members decide to
use you to set an example......   The Flames could be UGLY!!!

Basically, if you don't want to spend the money to buy into the correct
tires, don't bother your betters.    ;-)   ;-)    ;-)

Don't get me wrong. There are a LOT of regions with expanding memberships.
Most have successful Novice, Street Tire, or similar programs. Nationals
doesn't encourage such activities however.

-doug miller
Street Mod Wannabee