Re: Flip Over at Route 666

To: George Ryan <quad4fiero@webzone.net>
Subject: Re: Flip Over at Route 666
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 07:36:49 -0500
George Ryan wrote:

> Jim Ham satated he was not sure whether this was a sanctioned
> SCCA event, but thought it was.
>
> The course clearly did not meet the SCCA's guidelines. A SSS
> should have intervened, if it was in fact held under the SCCA
> sanctioning. It is the Safety Stewards responsibility to both the
> club and to it's  members to ensure that these type happenings
> do not occur under the club's banner and insurance.
>
> George

There are lots-o-clubs running stuff, so I didn't want to assume it was
an SCCA event.  Shouldn't matter...this course was clearly (based on the
information I have, I was not there) too fast and quite obviously too
dangerous.  My point was that while some clubs can and will run wherever
they want or can, there still needs to be a safety conciousness.  If
this sort of thing starts happening at our site, (even if something
happens at another event totally unrelated to AX) I fear that the owner
will pull it out from under us, and right now it's the only game in this
big town.  Keep your heads up and your wheels on the paved part! ;)
--
Patrick Washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Wausau, WI     Land of Cheese