Re: Flip Over at Route 666

To: Popsracr@aol.com
Subject: Re: Flip Over at Route 666
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Sun, 02 May 1999 18:39:16 -0500
Popsracr@aol.com wrote:

> Now more on the flip...a resident local racer with a white Camaro Z28 lost
> control of his car at very high speed and slid off the asphalt, then about 45
> feet across grassy surface into a drainage ditch and flipped over eventually
> landing back on it's wheel.  The event came to an abrupt halt while the
> wrecker from the dragstrip made it's way out to the car and pulled it out of
> the muck.  Luckily the driver was not seriously injured and the car was able
> to be driven off the course.  The car was badly battered and the rear window
> smashed out.

Glad no one got hurt!  This is the kind of thing I fear happening at our
site near Minneapolis.  It is not a dedicated raceway, however, so an
occurance like this could jeopardize the site.  I don't know, but I am
speculating that it is a possibility. We actually have had a turnover
already, but it had absolutely nothing to do with the site.  We have had
some grass excursions, but thankfully nothing too serious yet. SCCA just
approved it as a Solo2 site.  (24' wide roadways with grass, poles, and
fences all in between.)  Is that an SCCA approved Solo site too?.

Patrick Washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Wausau, WI     Land of Cheese
95 DS Neon
Moooooooooo.