Re: National Tour points

To: RacerRay52@aol.com
Subject: Re: National Tour points
From: Jay Mitchell <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 07:02:48 -0700
RacerRay52@aol.com wrote:

> My opinion of solo2 is that it is a nice
> little substitute for racing.

OK, so you can be Walter Mitty then. Vroom, vroom. I hear there are some
pretty good computer racing simulation games. You might wanta try one of
those, too.  ;<)

> Racing costs a heck of a lot of money and
> solo2, if a bunch of wannabe racers would let it, could be a place for
> cheapskates to compete without building or buying a pile of racer equipment--

You can do that now. Why do you keep implying that someone is forcing
you to spend piles of money on Solo II? You always have the option of
showing up in your daily driver on your street rubber.

It appears to me that what bothers you is that you won't win if you do
that, and that you just don't like all these folks who, well, TRY so
damn hard: "If only everybody weren't so darn MOTIVATED, then I'd win
more. Yeah, that's what I've been trying to say. Everybody just cool it
a little bit and spend less money and don't take this all so seriously,
and then I can win. After all, it's just a half-assed wannabe racer
substitute, for crying out loud. But I don't wanna win just because I
was there. You all gotta try a LITTLE bit so I can feel good about my
trophy." That seems to sum up your attitude pretty well.

Jay