Re: National Tour points

To: msirota@isc.upenn.edu
Subject: Re: National Tour points
From: RacerRay52@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 02:03:25 EDT
In a message dated 4/26/99 1:50:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
msirota@isc.upenn.edu writes:

<< I
 believe there are a lot of serious autocrossers who are a lot like me. >>

     Well, I have participated in  400+ autocrosses, maybe 500, so I'm
talking about myself in large measure.
     I never said, as you and others seem to read into what I have said, that
anyone is forcing me to do anything. There simply is not being offered the
kind of dirt cheap, rock-bottom-in-cost thing that I am willing to get into.
I like to compete and I try hard for the few minutes I'm out there.
     It simply isn't attractive enough to cause me to spend much money to do
it. I don't know how many people see autox as I do. It might be interesting
if some publication dealing with the sport would conduct a poll to determine
where the market is.
     I don't travel more than about 200 miles to run. Time was I could run 30
times a year without going more than 35 miles.
     If there are very few who feel as I do then SCCA and various regions and
clubs are not missing a significant number of participants. If there are a
great number who feel as I do but who just don't say anything then it might
be worthwhile for the sport to listen and think about it. I know there are at
least some who feel as I do because some have told me so.
     I don't set out to annoy people but if people get annoyed anyhow -- hey,
life's like that sometimes.
     Everybody lighten up. Or don't.
     Happy Motoring.

Ray