Re: National Tour points

To: "autox list" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: National Tour points
From: "msmith2" <msmith2@columbus.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 15:41:14 -0400
I thought that was what Pro Solo was for.....

To give the people who wanna spend thousands blueprinting everything on
their stock class car a place to play with others like them and leaving the
more 'amateur-ish' members who wanna just show up and drive to play in
Solo2.

Not that I agree with either. You can't stop people from spending money on
what they want. If they want to play in regular Solo2 and still spend
thousands on their car and get pieces of wood and plastic in return, nobody
can stop them.

You could say that R-type tires are only allowed in Pro Solo, but that would
yield 2 results:
    1) The tire companies would invest in creating more competitive
non-R-type tires that you would just have to have. (just like now)
    2) People would want a class in between the all-out seriousness of Pro
Solo and the weekend warrior Solo2 so that they could be "kinda-serious" and
still be competitive.

Ya gotta draw the lines somewhere and nowhere is optimal.

Mike