Re: SP Proposal

To: Adam Popp <raft321@fuse.net>
Subject: Re: SP Proposal
From: Jay Mitchell <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 18:24:12 -0800
Adam Popp wrote:

> Now what are you A/SPer's thinking? How could you say that A/SP is the
> best class.

Uhhh, Adam, buddy, better look at class times at Nationals. They're on
the Web. Or the PAX index. ASP is a quicker class than BSP, and that's
not at issue. Nobody's saying BEST anything, only "quickest," and Scotty
definitely agrees, seeing as how he spent more than a year ranting and
whining to get his car reclassed to BSP, claiming it just couldn't be
competitive. Interestingly enough, he trophied in ASP (5th, I believe)
the last year he ran there.

> It might be the best class for the variety of fast cars it
> has in it, but to say it is the best class, is wrong.

Nobody SAID "best." Take a reread and have a beer. IOW, chill out.

>All of you need to
> stop whining and tell SCCA just to combine A/SP and B/SP and let the
> corvettes, porsches, mazdas and elans get it on.

I'm OK with that. Scotty, wanna 'splain it all to Adam here?

Jay