Re: SP Proposal

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SP Proposal
From: Sam Strano <strano@stranoparts.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 16:58:06 -0500
At 04:30 PM 4/2/99 EST, you wrote:
>I think you underestimate the cost of building an SP tt.

Who wouldn't with the list down there!!!!  But, I doubt you *need* all of
that stuff.

>shocks                               $3,000

I'm sure GAB's or Koni's would be just fine with a little work.

>springs w/adjustabel collars   $450                           $
>swaybars                             $500
>2 sets of 17x 10-11 wheels    $2,400

I bet some 17x9's would work with from BBS or something.  Maybe not
optimal, and you don't NEED two sets, although it is sure nice.  I only
have 1 set of wheels right now for my Camaro.

>Twin Pickup Electromotive    $ 2,200
>Exhaust w/carbon fiber muffler $1000

Why not run a straight pipe?  Or a Borla, or any number of other things
that weight 10 pounds more, and save $500?

>seats                                      $1000

Do you need two $500 seats?  Nope.

>belts                                        $200
>reduction pulleys                      $500
>suspension bushings                 $400
>High volume fuel pump              $300
>fuel pressure regulator              $250
>Intercooler                               $1000
>Flywheel and pressure plate       $750
>                                   total   $13,950
>That is the total for the parts.  It also costs money to put the stuff on
and
>tune
>the car.  So it is big bucks, and that is why the car is soooo fast with the
>RIGHT driver.

And on the other hand there are lots of cars with big $$$ in them that
aren't fast, and there are those with very little $$$ invested that are
rockets.  Common thread seems to be the drivers.  Although ASP sure strikes
me as by far the most expensive place to run an SP car.  ESP being the
cheapest IMHO.

Sam Strano Jr.
Strano Performance Parts
800-729-1831