Re: SP Proposal

To: Jodi Fordahl <soundtire@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: SP Proposal
From: Jay Mitchell <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 1999 18:01:31 -0700
Jodi Fordahl wrote:

> This type of response is exactly why I usually don't post on Team.Net.

My sincerest apologies if you took that as a response to anything you
contributed. It was a tongue-in-cheek answer to the suggestion that
started this whole idiocy yet again: that Lotuses be should be excluded
from competition. In the past it's been Stock, Prepared, and Modified.
Now it's Street Prepared. The faulty logic is the same, however. That is
exactly why I intro'ed with the sarcasm alert message.

It is my impression that you do not want Lotuses booted from SP, but
were just contributing information re the 911. I hope that was the
correct impression. If I'm wrong, then I retract my apology, and we'll
just have to recognize the polar opposites we represent on this issue.

My message was offered in defense of a reasonable, adult position by
pointing out the intrinsic absurdity of intentionally exclusionary
rhetoric. Lotuses belong in _sports car_ competition at least as much as
Porsches or Corvettes or MGs or Miatas or MR2s or RX7s or BMWs or any of
the other cars that folks like to autox. If you think otherwise, then
we'll be arguing lots more in the near future, I'm sure.

Jay Mitchell