Re: SP Proposal

To: "Joshua Hadler" <jhadler@rmi.net>, "Kent Rafferty" <gs96@sgi.net>
Subject: Re: SP Proposal
From: "Scotty *BOB* White" <we2fat4asp@seanet.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 10:33:35 -0800
-----Original Message-----
From: Joshua Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
To: Kent Rafferty <gs96@sgi.net>
Cc: Pat Kelly <lollipop@ricochet.net>; autocross list <autox@autox.team.net>
Date: Friday, April 02, 1999 10:17 AM

>Kent Rafferty wrote:
>>
>> Its unfortunate there's no place to bump the Loti and RX-7 TT
>> in SP, so they'd go to P. I'm following the precedent set by the
>> SCCA in not allowing the Viper to compete in Stock and sending
>> it directly to A/SP because it's too fast for any stock classes.
>>
>> IMO, A/SP seems to be a one and a half (Tripoint prepared
>> RX-7TT) marque class - when an Elan shows up- everyone else
>> is fighting for second.  Yes, the Elan is in effect being penalized
>> for being too quick - just as a stock Viper is.
>
> So why don't we bump the Miatas to A-Stock? They dominate the class,
>and there have yet to be shown any other cars in the class that can
>compete. :-)

   You miss the point here dude! There a bazillion Miatas on lots every day
for wayyyyyy under $20k. Find me an Elan for that kinda money that's Sp
prepared? These guys in SCCA say the reason that the Viper and the 993TT are
in sp and not stock is largely beacuse they are not readily available to all
(read too expensive) so what in the hell is the difference with the 35 year
old Lotus??!! I submit, NONE!

   If it is hard to get for the average racer wether it because of price or
pure numbers of cars still living the issue should remain the same no matter
the reason!

sbw