Re: Re: C Stock in 2000

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re: C Stock in 2000
From: JAKramer@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 17:41:34 EST
In a message dated 2/4/1999, 1:53:29 PM, bret@serv.net writes:
>24 hour autox?  Do tell.
>
>I've often thought it'd be fun to have a nighttime autox.  Ideally I'd be
>able to convince a herd of the rare breed of reflective cones to settle on
>our site for a night.  Unless someone has identified a breed of
>glow-in-the-dark cones (conus luminus?)

The event is called "24 Hours of LeMall".  It's an annual event, but last year
was my first.  You can probably guess where it's held...  It runs from noon on
Saturday to noon on Sunday in a mall parking lot in Rock Hill, SC which is 15
miles south of Charlotte, NC.

The proceeds of the event go to charity.  You can make as many runs as you
choose, but only 6 count.  You have to tell the starter if your upcoming run
is one of your 6 official runs.  I think I made 45 or so runs.  Fortunately,
one of my official runs was one of my best times and I won CS.

Being in a Mall parking lot, the course was well lit.  However, the lights
dimmed for about an hour and it made things very interesting :)  Autox'ing in
the dark is not for the faint of heart!

I ran from noon to about 3am before calling it a night.  I was getting very
tired and was beginning to make mistakes.  I went back in the morning after
about 3 hrs sleep, made a couple of good runs, and then the mistakes came
back.  Just didn't have the concentration needed.  This year I think I'll run
to about 9 or 10pm then get back out around 4am.  The starting line was pretty
short when I called it quits and it was a good time to get a lot of back to
back runs in without waiting too long.

Definitely plan to do it again this year!  Sure beats the local events where 6
runs is about all you can expect!

Take care,
Jack
'91 MR2 NA  (autox)