RE: C Stock in 2000

To: "'Phil Esra'" <pesra@yahoo.com>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: C Stock in 2000
From: Kevin McCormick <ktm@Unify.Com>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 10:40:43 -0800
Hi Phil and all,

Back when Jesse Wills had a '92 or '93 Miata, I co-drove with him at an
event.  Compared to my '95 R, it felt much lighter and more nimble.  Less
skittish?  Not really - Jesse had it setup quite nicely.  It had less torque
for sure, but did have the lower final drive.  Now, the silly-putty viscous
diff is a different issue!

I've drive both Josh Sirota's and Andy McKee's MR2's - they do feel less
balanced but once you learned to use the throttle to balance the car it was
very fun - amazing what 2.2 liters of torque will do out of a turn.  I
haven't tried Andy's since the sway bar mods, so it should be even more
balanced.

Basically, it comes down to setup.  As we're slowly figuring out with the
'99 Miata!

Kevin 'oh to be a lemming again!' McCormick

P.S. - I still remember driving Michael Butler's '90 Miata - I've yet to
drive a car that handled as well as it.