RE: Commuting in a TR6

To: "RangerCRS" <rangercs@bellsouth.net>
Subject: RE: Commuting in a TR6
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 08:35:53 -0700
        Craig:

        AFAIK, most (all?) collector's insurance specifically prohibits
using the insured vehicle as a commute vehicle. Hagerty, for example,
requires that you show proof you have another vehicle that you use for
commuting, and specifically excludes coverage if it is used for
commuting to work (don't know how they would enforce that, however).
Some collector's polices have annual mileage limits as well.
        For regular commuting, you need a regular policy which gets
expensive if you keep your other car.
        For the record, my evil twin brother has been known to commute
in a TR6 during nice weather (not during the rainy season, however).
Typically 1 day a week, max. He does this in defiance of the
restrictions on his policy, and as such may regret it one day. Or not.

        Vance