RE: Commuting in a TR6

To: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>,
Subject: RE: Commuting in a TR6
From: "Chris Foster" <cfoster@eppcon.com>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 09:36:46 -0400
Vance has a good point about not knowing what the DPO had done.  That
said, even having been stranded, it doesn't stop me from driving my TR6
to work as often as I can (not daily but about 3 times a week in the
summer).

In my particular case, I found having commuted approximately 150km one
way in my spitfire I went to leave only to find that the DPO had rebuilt
the starter poorly (wrong screws holding on the end cap).  I had had the
car for about 3 years when it finally let go (yes a thorough inspection
by me might have found this, or might not have :)) - I was stranded in
Waterloo, ON and ended up having the car towed home to Newmarket ON.

That said, life goes on, CAA came to the rescue and 3.5 hours later I
was home.  I did some work on the car and back to driving.  I've since
moved on, sold the Spit and now enjoy my TR6.  I expect one day to be
stranded - but I've been stranded in my 2000 Isuzu Rodeo too!

I guess to sum up, stuff happens, if you can accept that, enjoy the
drive!  There was recently a discussion on the list about just how far
anyone had driven their 6 in a single road trip - honestly I don't see a
huge difference between at 8000 mile road trip and daily driving your
car :).  It really is just where you set your expectations...

Anyways good luck!
c.

Chris Foster
'76 TR6 - CF53954U