RE: drilled brake rotors

To: "'Hugh Barber'" <tr6nut@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: RE: drilled brake rotors
From: "Joseph Grant" <z28quetzal@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 01:02:52 -0400
Hugh,

If your automotive repair magazine with the front cover picture of a
crossdrilled rotor being resurfaced is the way to go, then cool.  I have
researched this, and have seen proof of the end result:  a crossdrilled
rotor after being resurfaced and the clear evidence of chatter.  I guess a
master machinist with over 30+ experience can't compete with "Motor"...

Opinions exist by the dozens.  Articles in magazines and pictures exist by
the dozen too, but it is hard to argue seeing proof positive.

Regards,
Joe