Re: drilled brake rotors

To: Jim Jones <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>, 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: drilled brake rotors
From: Greg Dito <dito9561@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 12:52:17 -0400
Jim,

No real experience, but I've heard that crossdrilled rotors have two issues.
One is their tendency to fracture and the other is excessive pad wear.  True or
not, that would have to be confirmed.  Supposedly the benefits are improved
cooling and pad contact, as superheated air gets between the pads and the rotor
surface impeding solid contact between the two.  I guess something like
hydroplaning.

There is one alternative I'm aware of and although this is a UK supplier I
would think you could find one in the US.
http://dev.tssc.org.uk/catalog.asp?category=200301222023245753429867

Greg Dito
CD6250L